Essential Fatty Acids (ALA, GLA, CLA, Omegas)
WHAT IS IT:
- They are essential because your body cannot produce them on its own so they must come from your diet or supplementation. The two primary EFAs are known as linoleic acid (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3). Other EFAs are conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), alpha-lipoic acid (ALA), and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA)
- Omegas: Formation of healthy cell membranes, proper functioning of the brain and nervous system, and hormone production. In addition to all those benefits it assist in regulation of blood pressure, liver function, and immune and inflammatory response.
- CLA: Has been shown to help reduces fat mass, while increasing lean body mass. A recent study on the effect of 4.2g CLA/day in 53 normal healthy individuals led to a 3.8% decrease in body fat.
- ALA: Is a mitochondrial fatty acid that is highly involved in energy metabolism. ALA has shown benefit for various forms of oxidation of inflammation. These effects protect against heart diseases, liver diseases, diabetes, and neurological decline associated with aging.
- GLA: Assist in maintaining brain function, skeletal health, reproductive health, and metabolism. GLA can also help in stimulating skin and hair growth.
- Omegas: Dosing will be dependent upon your own personal diet and what goal you have in mind. The normal recommended dosing by the American Heart Association is 1-4g of DHA and EPA daily. Please view this website to get a better understanding of what dosage can be taken for other specific needs: http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil-alpha-linolenic-acid/dosing/HRB-20059372
- CLA: Ranges from 3,200-6,400mg daily
- ALA: Range from 300-600mg daily
- GLA: Ranges from 300 to 2,000mg daily
PRODUCTS WE CARRY WITH THESE INGREDIENTS:
- Olympus Labs- Waistline
- Olympus Labs- Waistline Extreme
- Allmax- A-Cuts
- NOW- Omega 3
- NOW- Flax Oil
- NOW- Borage Oil
- Met Rx- CLA with Tonalin
- Men’s and Women’s Multi-complete