Nutrient Partitioning Agents
WHAT IS THIS PROCESS: Nutrient partitioning is the term used to describe how macronutrients are shuttled to the cells of the body. Your body will either send the nutrients to muscle cells or to fat cells. The idea behind a nutrient partitioning agent is to increase favorable nutrient partitioning effects to the muscle while promoting fat loss or limiting fat accrual at best.
HOW DOES IT WORK:
To get a better understanding of how these work, let’s look at the main hormone that gets influenced by nutrient partitioners, namely, Insulin:
Beta cells in the pancreas make a hormone called insulin. Insulin helps transport the glucose that enters the bloodstream after a meal containing carbohydrates (fats and protein spike insulin too, but not as much) into the body’s tissue, especially liver and muscles. Insulin ensures that our body either uses or stores this glucose, helping manage blood sugar levels.
The majority of nutrient partitioners will work in one or all of the following ways:
- Reduces or effects the amount of sugar made by the liver
- Limits the amount of sugar absorbed into the body from the diet
- Makes insulin receptors more sensitive (helping the body respond better to its own insulin).
- Taken with a cheat meal or high carbohydrate meal, these products will help to keep blood sugar under control and fat storage to a minimum.
- Increase muscle fullness/pump and muscle repair.
- Increase muscle building.
- Decrease fat gain.
- Improve energy levels.
- Decreases sweet cravings and hunger.
SUPPLEMENT DOSING: 1-2 servings daily. Usually taken with 1 or 2 of your high calorie/carb meals.
PRODUCTS WE CARRY WITH THIS INGREDIENT:
- Project AD Matador
- Olympus Labs Cheaters
- Condemned Labs HumaSlin
- ProSupps I-Load