WHAT IS IT:
- Beta-alanine is a modified version of the amino acid alanine which is the building block of carnosine, a molecule that helps buffer acid in muscles. This can increase physical performance, endurance, and can aid in lean mass gains. Carnosine is an antioxidant and anti-aging compound.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Beta-alanine and histidine combine to create Carnosine. Histidine is readily available in the body where-as beta-alanine is not. When Beta-alanine is supplemented your body increases the total concentration of carnosine in your muscle tissue. When you exercise, your body creates lactic acid as a by-product. This by-product is made up of lactate and hydrogen ions. The hydrogen ions are what interfere with the production of enzymes that are required for energy production. This causes the muscle to shut down. When you have a larger amount of carnosine present in the muscle your body can neutralize these excess hydrogen ions and help you to train longer and harder before your muscle reaches failure.
BENEFITS OF THIS INGREDIENT:
- Increase muscular endurance - 30-day study (4.8 g/day) noted a power increase in resistance-trained men. A previous 4-week study (4.8 g/day) had noted an improvement in the muscular endurance of sprinters during repeated maximal contractions.
- Can improve moderate to high intensity cardiovascular performance.
- The anti-aging component of this ingredient is a result of its inhibition of a process called advanced glycation.
Efficacious dosing for this ingredient is 3.2g. At this dose or higher you may have a harmless tingling sensation.
PRODUCTS WE CARRY WITH THIS INGREDIENT:
- Nutrakey Beta-Alanine
- Found in most pre-workouts such as:
- 5% Nutrition 51/50
- MuscleSport Black Rhino
- Redcon1- Total War
- Allmax Razor 8